Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smart Meters - the Telegraph's take

On Tuesday, 31 July 2018 11:18:05 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"Nick Odell" wrote in message
news
Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...tricity-every/

the meters might

I can't for one minute seeing the politician allow it.

A tariff which changes without notice cannot possibly change user behaviour,
and that is the only possible reason for having differential charging.

tim

I can't see multi-rate charging being anything but inevitable. It reduces the cost price per kWh for both generation & distribution, so it'll happen. Of course it'll be marketed as a user money saving scheme, and of course the total cost will be greater not less. What's new.

NT