Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Smart Meters - the Telegraph's take

On 30/07/2018 23:42, Nick Odell wrote:
Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...tricity-every/

I see nothing new of substance in the article - let alone a proposal to
introduce unannounced changes in tariffs. Ofgem's consultation makes
clear it's all about "incentives...to help their customers shift their
consumption to times when electricity is cheaper to generate or transport."

And the consultation is on a very narrow point: giving suppliers more
access to half-hourly consumption data - and then only for suppliers to
settle _their_ purchases. The data isn't going to be available for
research and policy analysis. To that extent, I think the Telegraph
writer has misunderstood what Ofgem are doing. I could not possibly
comment on how/why.

--
Robin