Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Indestructible PZ and PH screwdriver bits?

On 31/07/2018 08:24, Broadback wrote:
On 31/07/2018 08:11, Jim K wrote:
"Bertie Doe" Wrote in message:
Ok there's no such thing as indestructible but what's the toughest
brand on
the market. Despite using pilot holes and the slowest speed on my Bosch
cordless, I've destroyed countless sets over the years. TIA.

What kind of "destroyed"?

The problem then would be the bits destroying the screw heads. I would
rather damage the bits that the screws.

No, you are better off with the bits made for impact drivers which fail
by brittle fracture. Then (provided you notice) you scrap them. With the
ordinary bits which wear more, they gradually get looserand *that* is
what destroys the screws.

I tend to use DeWalt ones, simply because they are more readily
available on eBay or elsewhere.

And no question, impact drivers (used properly) are less likely to
damage screws than combis.