Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default LR44 batteries - voltage

On 30/07/2018 13:19, Michael Chare wrote:
I bought some LR44 1.55v batteries on ebay for my Barclays Pin sentry
card reader. They don't work!

Using my digital multimeter the voltages of the 4 I tried are 0.471 1.30
1.43 1.47

What voltage should I get from a new battery?

The card reader was showing "Low Battery".Â* Fortunately after I rubbed
the old batteries with a tissue the card reader started to work so I
have been able to make my online bank payment.

I believe the LR44 is an alkaline battery with a terminal voltage of
1.5V. A SR44 is a silver oxide batter with a terminal voltage of 1.55V

The ones you have must be well past their sell by date, or kept in a
very warm place conducive to a significant self-discharge. There should
be a date on the batteries or packaging.