Lou W

Default Unusual drywall question (termite damage)

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:47:50 -0500, Bill wrote:

I don't know if you're a pisher or not, but like everyone else who's
replied, you're assuming you know the full details of the situation when you
do not, instead of just responding to my question. Perhaps I have reasons
know only to me (like, I dunno, a BAD BACK or other health concerns) for not
putting up a new sheet of drywall which, while maybe only costing $4, is
HEAVY. PLUS I got no way to get the goddam thing HOME, so I'd have to PAY
at least $25-$40 for the delivery of that ONE $4 sheet. Not to mention it's
UNNECESSARY considering the degree of damage.

And to the other individuals who think they can divine the condition of
2x4's via email, (Jim & Art) you happen to be WRONG. There AREN'T any
structural problems associated with this damage, JUST the DRYWALL. Have
another beer guys & go watch a NASCAR race or something.

Thanks for nothing gentlemen. I guess this is the kind of advice you get
from people who have nothing better to do than 2nd guess strangers all night
long on the internet, instead of simply assuming the IP might actually have
a better 1st hand grasp of the nature & extent of the situation (being as he
IS the only one actually THERE and all) and just responding constructively
to his inquiry. Don't happen to know if mud is better than DAP is better
than Compound X in this situation? Here's an idea, DON'T SAY ANYTHING.

Now you guys can go back and forth about this for the next couple days
amongst yourselves, I'm deleting the NG from my list.

Bill

The advice you got, whether you like it or not, was worth what you paid
for it.