Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Planning permission for house for family

On 30/07/2018 09:03, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Robin
writes
On 29/07/2018 20:37, Tim Lamb wrote:
Â*The existing structure has to be suitable to take the proposed
BritishÂ* standard BS 5502 class 2.

That's changed/changing to permit structural reinforcement.

Oh. Once consent was granted here, I stopped keeping up.

AIUI it's still not black and white. Made as part of the same changes
that has allowed your developer to look to fit in a 4th dwelling:

http://www.savills.co.uk/blog/articl...dwellings.aspx

I wouldn't mind so much if farmers didn't insist that they need both
direct support (including de facto State insurance against foot and
mouth etc) _and_ freedoms such as this licence to coin it from the
open market from surplus buildings.

There is a down side for working farms in that they lose the ability to
erect buildings under permitted development rights for up to ten years.

Direct support by deficiency payments and latterly CAP has been with us
since WW2. Basically, weather, geography, labour cost.... make us
expensive food producers compared to America, Argentina etc.

On bovine TB, F&M etc. where compulsory herd slaughter is national
policy, I guess it is the only way.

Fair points. And I don't really expect anyone to follow NZ's example.
But I do hate the way agricultural land has become for many a tax
shelter rather than a business asset.

--
Robin