Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Indy Jess John Indy Jess John is offline

Default extended warranties on electrical items

On 29/07/2018 22:49, DerekF wrote:

Ours once went wrong the night before we went on holiday. We called a
repair man who said it could not be repaired (£35 please). My wife went
round neighbours asking if they had any spare space and it all got spread
around.
Derek

I was the kind soul who accommodated my neighbour's frozen food when
their freezer went wrong. By taking all my frozen stuff out of my
freezer and then packing it back in very neatly and with the very
minimum of wasted space, I managed to get nearly all of the neighbour's
frozen food in the space freed up.

But it wouldn't all go in so I asked what they were prepared to leave
out. The kids immediately said to leave the big tub of ice cream
because they would eat it now. :-)
The parents were a bit more practical and suggested the loaf of bread
and the carton of milk because they didn't cost much and took up a lot
of room, and were only there in case they ran short.

The parents won!

Jim