Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Dead padlock?

wrote in message
On Sunday, 29 July 2018 22:22:18 UTC+1, ganga wrote:
"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
Garden shed padlock is refusing to badge.

It is (or at least looks like) one of these:
https://www.masterlock.eu/home-personal/product/170EURD

Had it for 10+ years, giving it a quirt of WD40 every couple of years.

In the last couple of months it was a bit tricky to open - had to
pull/push key in/out slightly until it would turn.

Today it would not turn at all - key goes in, and nothing more. I tried
the other two keys we have, but still nothing.

Not too bothered about replacing it, but Before I get hold of the
neighbour's bolt cutters, is there anything else I can try?

You should have used powdered graphite, not WD40.

Works a treat on the padlock I lock the trailer up with.

for an outdoor lock oil is better,

Nope, that is an outdoor lock.

it stops the innards rusting up.

They dont rust with a decent padlock and oil collects dirt.