Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default extended warranties on electrical items

Jim K wrote
Harry Bloomfield wrote
Jim K wrote

By encouraging tax evasion?

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Aw Bless!

By 'cash' I mean funds in the bank, so 'cash' = cash and cards.
Cash available to use, means you can often get a 10% discount
on a posted price in a shop, especially true if they are offering
interest free credit on an item.

You routinely ask for 10% discounts on items when paying by cash
or card?

He said often, not routinely.

Unless you buy on a variant of h.p. how else would it be possible
to pay?!

By having cash in the bank, stupid.

Cash available means you can spot a bargain and buy it if it is
something you want /need there and then, before bargain is bought
by A N Other. Cash means that if your washing machine dies and is not
economical to repair, you don't need to borrow money at high interest
rates to replace it, or go to the likes of that high street retailer who
let you pay twice as much for spreading the cost over a year or two.

I mentioned nothing about tax evasion, or anything else illegal
- just simply not paying more than you need to for things.

The obvious interpretation of this is you (perhaps unwittingly
judging by your dubious definitions) encourage tax evasion by
offering to pay cash (folding money) for things in exchange for a
discount.

Nope, that was just your stupidity.

Why would a shopkeeper or tradesman
accept less than the item/job owes him?

There is no such animal as "than the item/job owes him?"

Anyone in a competitive market has to take what they can get.