Art Begun

Default Unusual drywall question (termite damage)

If the sheetrock is gone, so is the wood framing behind it. Your
exterminater/insurer did not look because he did not want to fix the
framing his contract is supposed to cover. Rip off some of the
sheetrock and check for framing damage. And besides, shouldn't the
contract cover the repair anyway??

"Bill" wrote in message
I have a house I'm preparing to sell which has some minor termite

damage.
House has been treated & bug free for a decade or more, but several

areas
have odd drywall damage wherein the termites actually ate the paper

off the
drywall & from underneath the paint. Damnedest thing you ever saw.

My
inclination to save time/effort is simply to remove all the loose

bits & mud
the whole surface level (we're talking about an area about the size

of one
4x8 sheet). I know the consensus on this is probably going to be

"replace
the effected sheetrock", but failing that what might be some other

options
be? If I go with a re-mud, should I just use regular joint

compound, or
might something else be better?

TIA

Bill