Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default extended warranties on electrical items

On 29/07/2018 14:04, wrote:
On Sunday, 29 July 2018 09:00:48 UTC+1, Woody wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought under EU law any appliance had to
have a minimum two year guarantee.

EU law requires you to be able to enforce your statutory rights
against the retailer for a minimum of two years. Irrelevant in
Britain, as the limitation period is six years from purchase anyway
(five in Scotland, from the discovery of a fault). Some countries in
the UK had much shorter periods, or the period could be limited by
contract.

I think you will find they can't take your statutory rights away by
contract.