Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 08:43:18 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

On 29 Jul 2018 08:41:06 GMT, Arlen Holder wrote:

Guess how many lug bolts I snapped in the late 60s, as a kid, before I even
thought that they could have done that sadistic trick.

BTW, the good news is that the new lug bolts went in so easily I couldn't
believe my luck that this is the easiest repair ever.

Still, one side was reverse threaded (where you only notice the L and R
stamped on the end of the lug bolt if you know to look for it).

It had never occurred to me that they would put one side on with reverse
threads. And that's *after* taking a auto mechanic class in high school as
an elective.

Dealt with a few when I was a kid. My ma had a '55 Plymouth. Belvedere.
I don't recall any LHT on my '74 Dart. Swinger. Could be wrong.
I thought everybody was warned about that.