Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Good small UPS?

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 13:49:58 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 29/07/18 12:31, Scott wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 09:10:25 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

Hi,

Who makes good domestic UPSes these days? Looking for about 500VA (need
to put a power meter in to be sure) and 30 mins runtime.

But it's more about which make and possibly series are any good?

Would like a decent output too (proper sinusoidal).

Sorry, a basic question. Do these devices detract from energy
efficiency? If leaving stuff on stand-by is frowned upon, is a UPS
not even worse?

Don't care

Well, I do. I'm not spending any of my time trying to set up an
energy efficient home only to have it undone by one appliance.

I was hoping for an answer to my question.