Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default extended warranties on electrical items

Norman Wells formulated on Sunday :
That may be true if you live on Lundy, but I'm rather sceptical elsewhere.

I'm just trying to remember what pride comes before.

I insure the car, because it is a legal requirement. I insure the house
because I could not afford to replace it. I self insure everything
else, including myself, with the money I have saved in not paying for
extra insurances and extended warranties. I save a considerable amount
by also paying cash for everything I buy. Having spare cash available
also helps make everything much cheaper to buy. If I see a genuine
bargain, I can buy it there and then.