Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Page[_2_] Clive Page[_2_] is offline

Default DIY shaver batter changing?

On 28/07/2018 20:31, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
John Rumm wrote :
Not done it on a remington, but I have changed the batts on a Braun. In that case there were a couple of screws under rubber plugs in the base of the case, which once removed allowed the shell to slide off. A pair of radial leaded NiCds in that model which could then be de-soldered from the PCB and replaced.

Similar on a Phillips.

I've done it on a Philips, which is held together by regular screws and hex sockets. But my modification was to unsolder the tagged battery from the PCB and then use a couple of bits of scrap brass to provide contact plates so it would take a standard AA rechargeable cell just pushed in place. I found that tagged cells were *much* more expensive than regular ones, and I find that I have to change the battery every few years.

I've learned over the years to avoid buying an appliance that won't allow me to change the battery fairly easily. The mobile phone is a case in point, some have easy battery change, others require return to manufacturer.

--
Clive Page