Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Norman Wells[_5_] Norman Wells[_5_] is offline

Default extended warranties on electrical items

On 29/07/2018 09:19, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Martin Brown wrote :
It is a familiar business model of offering vastly overpriced customer
support contracts on things sold cheaply. You will almost certainly
find that in the month running up to the first anniversary of your
purchase they will try again with an even more "tempting" offer.

I renewed my car insurance last Friday, no change in cost from last year
and unlikely to be beaten elsewhere. During the call to renew, the droid
tried to up-sell with offers for extra cover for any tools and equipment
I might have in my garage. There is a hell of a lot of tool money in
there, but chances of anyone breaking in and walking out with anything
useful - nill. It just doesn't happen here, besides they would need a
truck to get away with much and people might notice.

That may be true if you live on Lundy, but I'm rather sceptical elsewhere.

I'm just trying to remember what pride comes before.