Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default extended warranties on electrical items

alan_m Wrote in message:
On 29/07/2018 07:40, Jeff Layman wrote:

One other point. Because we needed a fridge in the short term, on the
morning the FF failed I bought a budget one which works perfectly well,
but I have been totally unable to register it over the internet for its
one-year guarantee. I fill out the form and it just sits there
"confirming" the info endlessly. It's no more than I would get from my
consumer rights, anyway, so I gave up.

You don't have to register it for the 1 year guarantee. The retailer is
responsible and the purchase receipt should be enough.

Manufacturers only want you to register on line so they know what
address to send the reminder about your warranty running out and to
point out the danger of not paying them lots of money to extend the
warranty. The small print may say that they cover parts but not labour.

And to know who to warn when it turns out their products
spontaneously self combust...
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/