Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default extended warranties on electrical items

On 29/07/18 08:49, GB wrote:
On 29/07/2018 07:28, harry wrote:

What a con!!!!
I only insure the house and cars.

+1 (except we only have the one car).

The whole concept of insuring small losses is obviously barmy. Maybe it
makes sense for people who are so broke and out of credit they can't
afford to replace a small appliance, but otherwise the process of
insuring adds the cost of layers of administration and profit onto the
expected cost of replacement. It's bound to be cheaper to self-insure.

Actually I think it ties in to a whole mentality which is somnewhat like
the TV rental market used to be. I want a product, but not te
reposnibility of ownerhsip.

So cars are contract hired.With AA style support.

Appliances are bought on credit with a guarantee. If they break then
they are fixed FIC.

Household maintenace is on fixed annual price call out.

It's all about people who can understand monthly outgoings, but not how
to budget.

Further up the income scale, they simply buy new on fault.

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.