Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On 29/7/18 4:46 pm, rbowman wrote:
On 07/28/2018 09:01 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
Do you think there would be a market for such a car-specific (completely
unlike Hanes/Chilton/FSM) perfect no-step-missed DIY as I write?

The problem is addressed on some forums. With digital cameras and the
ease of putting stuff on line quite a few people have done step by step
logs. Unfortunately they're model specific. The Toyota forum has saved
me a lot of pain. I've got the manual but I'm sure the replace the radio
page starts with 'remove dash trim'.* Yeah, right. You start down at the
transmission hump with a plastic putty knife popping off little plastic
bits until you work your way up to the speedometer housing.

Bikes are getting just as bad. I had a driveway full of plastic pieces,
a gas tank, and other odd and ends before I could get to the regulator
to unplug the stator to replace it.

Some days I dream of finding a 1965 VW in good shape.

I would consider that dream a nightmare.

--

Xeno

"The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one of them
is a match."
-- Will Rogers