Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On 07/28/2018 08:01 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
All I can say is I have higher degrees in both.

My point was I know nothing whatsoever about auto mechanics, so that's why
I very much appreciate your advice and help.

At least you know your limits. I had a friend who ultimately got a PhD
in EE who was a danger under a car. We were working on his Buick and had
dropped the pan on the transmission. We left the pan in place to catch
any little drips. He was taking the screws out that held the valve body
when I realized he'd removed the last one. Fortunately th body hung just
long enough for me to get out from under the car before the tsunami hit.

Come to think of it, he wasn't too good at practical electrical stuff
either. I'm sure he could do a circuit analysis of the momentary current
flow when you short out a fully charged 12 volt wet cell with a length
of 14 gauge wire. My informal analysis was it gets real hot and it
smells bad when the insulation catches on fire.