Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 03:01:59 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

On 28 Jul 2018 16:08:57 GMT, Hank Rogers wrote:

You should record all this long saga to a dvd, and give it to your great
grandchildren.

What I really love to do, for posterity, is write tutorials.
I just posted the nascent tutorial to one of your other posts.
Take a look at it, and note two things:
a. I don't skip a single step (not a single bolt)
b. I have pictures of everything

What I'd *love* to do is rip apart an old car and write the "hanes" manual
where I'd do so much better than does Chilton or the FSM that it wouldn't
be funny.

Of course, my method works for a "specific" car, so that would be my angle.
A specific model, year, and engine and transmission.

Do you think there would be a market for such a car-specific (completely
unlike Hanes/Chilton/FSM) perfect no-step-missed DIY as I write?

Nah, no market for it. The manufacturer has shop manuals for sale.
I've had them for my last 4 cars. They can be costly, but I've managed to buy used ones on
Ebay. I think the most expensive was about 45 bucks, but my cars were 10 years old when I
bought them.
But they can lead you down the wrong road. For instance, the procedure to replace the
motor mounts on my '97 Lumina looked way too complicated and costly.
I found a simple procedure on Youtube, and did it that way.