Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Hank Rogers Hank Rogers is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

Arlen Holder wrote:
On 27 Jul 2018 18:10:52 GMT, rbowman wrote:

Reading between the lines he is not the principal driver. Maybe take it
for a long, gentle road trip before handing it over...

She drove it today on the highway and said it didn't vibrate, which is good
because I had mounted and balanced her tires and replaced her rear drums
where I made a rookie mistake by not putting the drum linkages back right.

This time, I rotated the tires again (she eats them up where I wish there
was a way to cash in on the warranty since the car is aligned
professionally and the tires are rotated five times a year in the X and
then H pattern repeatedly (X then H then X then H, etc.).

I wonder if there is a way to "prove" you rotated tires when you do them at
home? I never cashed in on a tire warranty in my life so I don't know how
it works (do you ship them back the four tires, for example?).

I learned a lot I hadn't expected to learn, by the way, such as this is
what the reverse sensor looks like apparently:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=2972461reverse_switch.jpg

And this is apparently the speedometer sensor:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8225189speedometer.jpg

And that the clutch disc is asymmetric so it has to go in only this way:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4293915clutch_disc.jpg

Filling the transmission with the Red Line MT-90 was a breeze from the top:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6063171trans_fliud.jpg

But I wonder what this strange-looking "K" means on the conning tower?
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=1401901tower_k.jpg

You should record all this long saga to a dvd, and give it to your great
grandchildren.

They will sit around campfires in 2060 and show the videos while
roasting marshmallows.

Maybe in 2160, they will still recollect old gram pa's heroic efforts in
the olden days.

Maybe a statue in the town square.