Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Planning permission for house for family

On 28/07/2018 11:54, alan_m wrote:
On 28/07/18 08:26, tim... wrote:

"Chris Green" wrote in message
news Are there special planning permission rules applying where one wants
to build a house for a fmaily member (child) on one's own land?

nope

It being assumed that its hard to build a house on someone elses..

Nice loophole - I'm building a house for my child - but once it's
finished I'll sell it!

ISTR that when we bought our current place (green belt) it was possible
to build a granny annex etc but one would not be permitted to ever sell
it as a separate entity.

--
Cheers,

John.