Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default DIY shaver batter changing?

On 28/07/2018 18:11, Brian Gaff wrote:
I have a reasonable Remmington Shaver that works, beard cutting wise unlike
their latest one does. Its a rotary. However it has now ceased to work on
batteries unless you plug in the charger get it going then unplug the
charger while its going and then it will only last a few mins. My diagnosis
is that a cell or cells have gone faulty so that when you power on there is
not enough ooomph to start the motor and a protection circuit stops it. You
can hear the tick as it tries.
So the thing is can one get these things apart so one can reassemble them
and can one change the batteries as it seems daft to have to junk the whole
thing when its merely a rechargeable batter issue. there is of course no
obvious screws on the thing. I did wonder if the makers fix them but I
suspect they will just try to sell me a new one which I have got one of and
its rubbish.

Not done it on a remington, but I have changed the batts on a Braun. In
that case there were a couple of screws under rubber plugs in the base
of the case, which once removed allowed the shell to slide off. A pair
of radial leaded NiCds in that model which could then be de-soldered
from the PCB and replaced.

--
Cheers,

John.