Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On 27 Jul 2018 18:10:52 GMT, rbowman wrote:

Reading between the lines he is not the principal driver. Maybe take it
for a long, gentle road trip before handing it over...

She drove it today on the highway and said it didn't vibrate, which is good
because I had mounted and balanced her tires and replaced her rear drums
where I made a rookie mistake by not putting the drum linkages back right.

This time, I rotated the tires again (she eats them up where I wish there
was a way to cash in on the warranty since the car is aligned
professionally and the tires are rotated five times a year in the X and
then H pattern repeatedly (X then H then X then H, etc.).

I wonder if there is a way to "prove" you rotated tires when you do them at
home? I never cashed in on a tire warranty in my life so I don't know how
it works (do you ship them back the four tires, for example?).

I learned a lot I hadn't expected to learn, by the way, such as this is
what the reverse sensor looks like apparently:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=2972461reverse_switch.jpg

And this is apparently the speedometer sensor:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8225189speedometer.jpg

And that the clutch disc is asymmetric so it has to go in only this way:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4293915clutch_disc.jpg

Filling the transmission with the Red Line MT-90 was a breeze from the top:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6063171trans_fliud.jpg

But I wonder what this strange-looking "K" means on the conning tower?
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=1401901tower_k.jpg