Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Internety thingummies, question.

In article ,
Robin wrote:
On 28/07/2018 15:44, charles wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , Tim
Streater wrote:
Might be fibre to the cabinet (FTTC). That's what we have, gives
35Mbps or so.

53.7 here. And rather old overhead telephone cable with telegraph
poles to the cabinet - quite rare in London.

but possibly more common the country. we also have an overhead line

Poles to the *house* are still commonplace in many parts of London - eg
off the top of my head Islington, Hackney, Camden, Mortlake. But those
are fed by underground cables from the cabinet. Dave referred to poles
to the *cabinet*. I'd like to see that if Streetview covers it.

Sorry - actually meant poles from street to houses. Underground to the
poles.

Not sure about all of London, but this is the only street round here with
them. And often wondered why, since the area was mostly built at the same
time, and before telephones.

--
*See no evil, Hear no evil, Date no evil.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.