Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Fused neutral cutout.

On Saturday, 28 July 2018 13:28:44 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 28/07/2018 07:46, harry wrote:
On Saturday, 28 July 2018 01:57:48 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

I wonder how they deal with this in the US (where this style of centre
tapped supply is common), when running 220V appliances that are fed from
both of the 110V lives? I would expect in this day and age they would
insist on the circuit breaker being a double pole device - but wonder
what they did with fuses?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zigzag_transformer

and as usual harry posts a link of absolutely no relevance to the
discussion...

Well ****-fer-brains, zigzag connected transformers were common here once to supply rectifiers for DC for trolleybuses and trams.
The center tapped secondary coils are linked and earthed.
And are still common in the USA