Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Planning permission for house for family

Depends very much on the local plan. I know the local plan around here
seems OK for what they call Granny Flats in the same plot, but of course if
somebody sold off their garden and a developer wanted to build it would not
be allowed
Sadly the Government are changing the rules so that any old thing can get
permission on appeal it seems, but that no doubt is the typical knee jerk
reaction to the housing shortage which the population will have to live
with. A lot of the problem is density and infrastructure, ie where to put
cars and where are the roads, schools etc. I see a lot of single houses
going up here, but if you are mostly rural there could be other rules. All
roads lead to the local council officers I suggest.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Chris Green" wrote in message
news
Are there special planning permission rules applying where one wants
to build a house for a fmaily member (child) on one's own land? We
have a small-holding in an area where adding new houses is basically
not allowed but a few people have added houses for family members
and/or workers.

We are thinking about (well, our child is thinking about) building a
house adjacent to ours, space isn't an issue, we have around 9 acres
and some is fairly lightly used at the moment. We are on a private
road, services (water, electricity, drainage) are close.

So, can one get permission to build a house for family where one maybe
couldn't get permission for just 'a house'?

--
Chris Green
·