Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 10:36:13 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder
wrote:

On 26 Jul 2018 20:42:40 GMT, Clare Snyder wrote:

"gotta cheat to eat" was the term in a flat-rate repair shop.

Thanks for that good natured advice, Clare, where the job is 99% complete.

Everything is done except the starter motor and shift lever.

I put new oxygen sensors in, and new washers for the fill & drain plugs. I
filled it through the conning tower since that was already open, where it
was easy as pie to fill with the 2.7 quarts of Redline MT-90.

The only reason I didn't finish the shift lever is something doesn't look
right, so I'll search in the morning for pictures (I didn't take any good
ones).

The only reason I didn't put the starter motor in was that I tried for an
hour and couldn't because you need hands in two places that your hands
won't reach. I'll ask a neighbor to assist me tomorrow for that starter as
it's definitely a two-man job unless there's some kind of trick that I
don't know.

Then I'll take her for a test drive. Is there a bedding procedure for
clutches like there is for brakes?

not really - - -