Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On 07/27/2018 06:13 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
The new tools I'm glad I obtained were the transmission jack (thank God),

I've done it without a jack when I was young and poor. Then I found you
could rent them from most rental places. I saw the light right after I
pulled the cast iron 4 speed primitive automatic from a '49 Chrysler. I
got it our without crushing any vital body parts but I knew it wasn't
going back in that way.

The bitch was the starter motor, both getting out and even worse getting
back in, which is the only job that really required two people.

https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-...nch-JDE80.html

Yeah, I know that's for a John Deere but it was the first link with a
photo I came to. Trust me, that's not even the weirdest starter motor
wrench I've seen. I'm sure when they're bolting the assembly together on
the production line it's a piece of cake but then they grease it up and
shove it into the body.