Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RTA What would you do?

On 27/07/2018 19:22, ARW wrote:
On 27/07/2018 16:30, Andrew wrote:
On 26/07/2018 21:41, ARW wrote:
On 26/07/2018 21:22, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 19:35:07 +0100, ARW wrote:

Do you keep your foot on the brakes so that you don't get pushed
into
the car in front

Didn't we have a discussion about this not that long ago?

But here is my dashcam footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjRy...ature=youtu.be

Ouch, he gave you quite a whack, the groan doesn't sound like a "oh
WTF is the damage" but a "ow, that wasn't very comfortable".

Right at the end when I got out of the van?

It was a bit uncomfortable.

Whiplash compo claim co's will pester you for years

I feel fine today and I have no intentions what so ever of making a claim.

If you feel fine within days, you are fine. I have genuinely had
whiplash and it is bloody painful and restrictive for months.

The first time I was hit, it hurt for a couple of days. The second
didn't hurt at all. The third however was bad.

It stopped me sleeping, as it woke me up with the pain every time I
moved in my sleep. Just when I thought I was back to normal (three
months after) a bit of physical effort (digging an 18" square hole,
about 24" deep to access a leaking soil-pipe elbow) triggered it off and
I ended up in bed, but awake and exhausted for three days. It took six
months before I was back to normal and able to work full hours
(including overtime) again!

I did claim for the lost hours of pay - I could show my timesheets from
before and after, right up to recovery.

SteveW