Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Planning permission for house for family

Are there special planning permission rules applying where one wants
to build a house for a fmaily member (child) on one's own land? We
have a small-holding in an area where adding new houses is basically
not allowed but a few people have added houses for family members
and/or workers.

We are thinking about (well, our child is thinking about) building a
house adjacent to ours, space isn't an issue, we have around 9 acres
and some is fairly lightly used at the moment. We are on a private
road, services (water, electricity, drainage) are close.

So, can one get permission to build a house for family where one maybe
couldn't get permission for just 'a house'?

--
Chris Green
ยท