Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default RTA What would you do?

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 19:35:07 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 26/07/2018 19:02, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

Do you keep your foot on the brakes so that you don't get pushed into
the car in front

Yes, so that there's no doubt it's all the idiot behind's fault.

Note at the very end of the video what pulls up. Driver jumps out and
give me a card with his details and says that was on my dashcam. I'll
get it tommorow.

(I don't think I've seen mention ... ) So that wasn't the vehicle that
hit you? (Looked like a recovery truck?) Getting his own business? ;-)

But here is my dashcam footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjRy...ature=youtu.be

It could be the perspective of the dash cam but it looks like you were
sitting quite a bit short of the vehicle in front and it was moving
away but you hadn't (nothing wrong with that of course) but what was
the size (height) of the vehicle that hit you?

eg. If it was something that could see over your van (a bigger van or
truck), could it be that they actually accelerated into you (rather
than failed to brake), assuming you would pull away with the other
vehicle(s)? Or didn't brake as much for the same reason?

Cheers, T i m