Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On 07/26/2018 07:51 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
1. When I put on the clutch plate and diaphragm, I stuck the plastic
alignment tool in and then pulled it out when I was ready to put in the
transmission. What did I do by sticking that plastic tool in? I didn't
notice anything happening whatsoever. If I didn't use the alignment tool,
what would have happened? (I don't get what tool did.)

If the clutch plate was aligned with the pilot bushing when you bolted
down the pressure plate you would know what the tool was for. How would
you align it without the tool?