Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Fused neutral cutout.

On Thursday, 26 July 2018 07:21:42 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:
On 26/07/2018 03:47, John Rumm wrote:
On 25/07/2018 18:21, harry wrote:

One KWh takes me 3-5 miles depending on hilliness and speed.

So 60 to 90 miles if you use the battery to depletion (which of course
you won't)

Like I said, a toy.

EVs may well become usable - Give em 250 usable miles in any weather,
and the chance to add another 100 miles in 10 mins at a refuelling
station and I would expect most people would be able to cope.

10mins to 'refuel' is too long, at least for traditional a 'stop on
journey fill up'. Think of a traditional petrol station, it takes a
couple of mins to fill yet there can still be queues. Increase the fill
time to 10 mins and there'd be chaos.

No comparison.
No fuel tanks, no fuel deliveries, so a charging point can be installed anywhere.