Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 21:28:54 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder
wrote:

On 25 Jul 2018 05:57:38 GMT, Clare Snyder wrote:

For gasket maker I never use anything but "the right stuff" from
Permatex

Thanks Clare.
I'm pretty much ready for reassembly.

I'm not sure if I pack the pilot bearing area with grease or not:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=2381579pilot04.jpg

But here's that promised before & after flywheel photo with part numbers
stamped "Engineerd in USA PHT50-136-033118" on the new flywheel:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6217915flywheel001.jpg
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4020392flywheel002.jpg

One screwup is that the clutch fork and throwout bearing fell out when I
tipped the transmission vertical on the bell housing to look at the rear
seal where I'm not sure what the proper technique is to get it out.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=5004047rearseal01.jpg

So I'm looking up how they went back together where I should have marked
the position when I first took the transmission off the engine.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=9205011fork01.jpg

Most of my mistakes and questions are because I've never done this before.
Thanks for your patience and advice.

There is only one way it will go together and go in. Sit down and
look at it for a while.