Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On 25 Jul 2018 05:57:38 GMT, Clare Snyder wrote:

For gasket maker I never use anything but "the right stuff" from
Permatex

Thanks Clare.
I'm pretty much ready for reassembly.

I'm not sure if I pack the pilot bearing area with grease or not:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=2381579pilot04.jpg

But here's that promised before & after flywheel photo with part numbers
stamped "Engineerd in USA PHT50-136-033118" on the new flywheel:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6217915flywheel001.jpg
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4020392flywheel002.jpg

One screwup is that the clutch fork and throwout bearing fell out when I
tipped the transmission vertical on the bell housing to look at the rear
seal where I'm not sure what the proper technique is to get it out.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=5004047rearseal01.jpg

So I'm looking up how they went back together where I should have marked
the position when I first took the transmission off the engine.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=9205011fork01.jpg

Most of my mistakes and questions are because I've never done this before.
Thanks for your patience and advice.