Default Has anyone Tried to Recycle heat from Dryer vent?

"lbbs" wrote in message
I imagine putting some find of a filter at the end of the vent house would
do the trick, and direct the vent into the laundry room. Some one
mentioned that the added humidity in the room might actually make the

drying
process take longer (it need dry air). Although in my case might not be

problem because the room is very large (24x24). Anyone ever tried

this,
did it work good, any problems? Thanks

Ya, I did . . . first I used one of those plastic box things that you flip a
lever and air is vented either outside or through a wire screen fliter.
Then I just disconnected the exhaust hose and used a rubber band to hold a
large pillowcase over the end, and ya, that worked better.
Usually in winter, indoor humidity levels get pretty low, so I don't think
there will be much problem with extra drying time. I didn't have any
problem. All ya gotta do is turn the pillowcase inside out once a month
and run it through the washer, and you'll be golden . . .
--Tock