George E. Cawthon

Default Why do gas water heaters fail?

Minnie Bannister wrote:

I no longer recall where I encountered this, but I distinctly remember
the battery having been already taken off the shelf or brought from the
storeroom, and *after that* I was asked how long a warranty I wanted.

Of course it is possible to find batteries with different capacities and
different CCA ratings and perhaps correspondingly different warranty
periods -- and that may even be the more common situation -- but I do
not believe that it is universally and necessarily so

MB

((Snipped))

Sorry for disputing you, but I've never seen it or heard of
it and I've bought quite a few batteries at a lot of
different places. In fact, the only auto item I know of
where you buy different length warranties and the item
doesn't physically change is extended service warranties on
vehicles.