Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Nice Shop Apron

On 7/20/2018 2:12 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
notbob wrote in news:freganF93n3U1
@mid.individual.net:

On 7/20/2018 8:31 AM, Jack wrote:

I want one of these but my shop days are close to over

Looks great --if one wanted to carry one's entire shop around on their
chest!

Again, you want one why?

On some projects, it's convenient to carry the entire shop with you. I
do it for home improvement type projects, with separate belts for
electrical and other repairs.

Yes, I have leather tool belts for building projects that I don't do
anymore. I never wore an apron on these sorts of jobs just a tool belt,
but always wear an apron in my cabinet shop. Not for hammers,
screwdrivers, pliers, nails and stuff, but for pencils, paper,
calculator, goggles, tape, Long Ranger and a little square. These are
used constantly in my shop, and if I don't put them back in my apron, I
spend WAY to much time looking for them.

On shop projects, though, it's usually one tool at a time.

Thing is, the above list of accessories are used with most tools. I
could have a pair of goggles at my table saw, lathe, grinder and wire
wheel, or I could just have a pair in my apron. I could spread 100
pencils all over the shop (I've done this and 100 isn't enough), or
carry a couple in my apron. Same with a tape, and a square, and
walking around looking for the Long Ranger to turn on the dust collector
completely defeats it's purpose. Plus, and apron keeps the chips out of
your pants and shirt, so might as well have it carry constantly used items.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com