Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Fused neutral cutout.

On 25/07/2018 19:03, Scott wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 18:57:03 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 25/07/2018 18:22, Scott wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 10:13:54 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Wednesday, 25 July 2018 17:39:31 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 25/07/2018 16:27, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 July 2018 11:56:59 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 24/07/2018 06:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 July 2018 02:39:05 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

Any practical[1] mainstream EV could only be charged to a tiny
fraction of its capacity from 13A overnight.

[1] i.e. not the virtue signalling toy ones like yours.

-- Cheers,

John.

Drivel. As usual you are "expert" on something you have zero
knowledge and experience of.

Its simple arithmetic harry. 13A @ 240V for 8H is ~25kWh - about the
same energy content as that contained in 5L of petrol.

As the efficiency of electric cars is around six times that of ICE,.....= six liters of petrol.
Plus regeneration = yet more.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electr...rgy_efficiency

And the efficiency when you stick the heater on in winter?

--
Adam
As you should know electric heaters are 100% efficient.

Is that needed? I thought you could turn on the car heating using a
mobile phone app while the vehicle is still plugged into the 'shore'
supply.

You can (or might be able to) with some cars.

I thought my sister-in-law said the Nissan Leaf worked in this way.

And ten minutes down the road? U values of cars are not good.

True, but the same would apply to using a fan heater. as suggested.

The air con in my van is very nice.

It costs less to use it on a MPG basis than opening the windows of the van.

Try that with an electric Leaf:-)

--
Adam