Chris Lewis

Default Has anyone Tried to Recycle heat from Dryer vent?

According to Sharix :

"ing" wrote in message
. ..
from my gas stove elements to the outside someplace? If so, nobody ever
told me that - it's been over 8 years without a problem. I *do* have the
gas dryer vented to outside, and the furnace as well - just not the
stove or the water heater.

Don't know about gas stoves BUT not having a water heater vented?? I thought
even the super efficient ones (gas powered) were vented.

I've never heard of one that wasn't. The high efficiency types often have
plastic pipe vents sticking out a wall, and may not appear to be vented to
those who're not familiar with the new units.

Gas stoves/ovens don't need to be vented nearly as much as furnaces
or water heaters simply because they don't burn nearly as much gas
to operate. Secondly, furnaces and water heaters tend to be more
enclosed, leading to more likely "pooling" of CO.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est