Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On 24 Jul 2018 15:55:12 GMT, rbowman wrote:

That's not as bad as suddenly realizing the transmission is hanging from
the speedometer cable... I doubt they exist anymore so make that some
sort of sensor wiring.

There is a speedometer gear which has to be pulled out of the transmission:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3362017speedo04.jpg

If I had known it was so easy to disable an odometer, the vehicle would
have only 20K miles on it instead of 180K! (jk)

I took great pains to ensure the electrical harness was clear at all times.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=2294161clutch05.jpg

I even removed the upstream lamba probe so as to to prevent damage:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6912446sensorwiring01.jpg

That upstream oxygen sensor crossed the transmission but I couldn't unclip
it so I just unbolted it. I will replace it as it's the original O2 sensor.

I probably should have bought a downstream o2 sensor also to replace but I
didn't think of it when I was ordering the clutch parts.