Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Fused neutral cutout.

John Rumm

While its understandable, since the pain of actually running out of
power is considerable,

You only need a gallon of batteries to get it going again don't you?

I can see a market for some kind of portable power bank for getting a EV
to the nearest charging point... kind of like the power banks for your
phone.

Havent the RAC started to equip a few of their vans with something like
that?

The AA said they would at one time but I dont know how far they progressed
it.

Both organisations only intended to give enough charge to enable a stranded
EV to get to a proper charging point.
To do more would probably mean having some vehicles equipped with or towing
a reasonably large generator.
Perhaps owners of fairground rides can branch out into a new business.

GH

GH