Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Why do these GFCI receptacles trip?

"In every case in our house, we will use a GFCI breaker. "

For attic lights when there are no outlets ? OK then, that is your prerogative.

"We are willing to pay the freight to achieve that double-duty function. "

You have every right to do so. You have every right to put roll cages and five point restraints in your cars. You have every right to buy only saws that have that protection for if you touch the blade it stops in microseconds.

But not to do such things by 21;37:11 tonight because they might DIE at 21:38:45 tonight does not mean they are stupid.