Lou

Default Has anyone Tried to Recycle heat from Dryer vent?

"rb608" wrote in message

I haven't tried it yet, but I keep eyeing a similar redirection. The oil
tank for my home heating is above ground, very near where the dryer vent
exits. On extreme cold days (teens, single digits), water in the tank

will
occasionally freeze up and block the fuel feed. I've been toying with the
idea of extending the vent to encase the tank feed. Hmmm.

It's probably not water in the fuel. All heating oil contains paraffin
(wax) dissolved in it. When the oil get cold, the wax freezes out, blocking
the fuel feed.