Arri London

Default Has anyone Tried to Recycle heat from Dryer vent?

lbbs wrote:

I imagine putting some find of a filter at the end of the vent house would
do the trick, and direct the vent into the laundry room. Some one
mentioned that the added humidity in the room might actually make the drying
process take longer (it need dry air). Although in my case might not be a
problem because the room is very large (24x24). Anyone ever tried this,
did it work good, any problems? Thanks

My (electric) dryer was in my kitchen and in winter I never opened the
window to let it vent. The filter was very fine-meshed and there was no
dust or lint on any surfaces. The washing was always run through a
separate spinner, so it wasn't all that wet. The extra humidity wasn't
really a problem; only the window ever showed any condensation and that
disappeared in a few minutes after the dryer finished.