Mogie

Default Has anyone Tried to Recycle heat from Dryer vent?

We bought a cheap unit at Home Depot that filtered out the link and allowed
the warm air to circulate through the house. But it also circulates a lot of
humidity. We took it off and wouldn't recommend it.

Paull wrote in message

On 6-Jan-2004, "lbbs" wrote:

I imagine putting some find of a filter at the end of the vent house

would
do the trick, and direct the vent into the laundry room. Some one
mentioned that the added humidity in the room might actually make the
drying
process take longer (it need dry air). Although in my case might not

be
problem because the room is very large (24x24). Anyone ever tried
this,
did it work good, any problems? Thanks

My bro-in-law does that. But we live in New Mexico where excessive
humidity is far from being a problem. It does add humidity to the room
but in this climate it's a blessing. Our average humidity is 30% with
days dropping to single digits.

The drying time doesn't seem to be a problem at all.