Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Nick Finnigan Nick Finnigan is offline

Default Accelerator stuck wide open while car is going fast: what shouldyou do?

Going to take a lot longer to stop it if you don't kill the engine first.
But dunno these push button systems - are you saying it won't kill the
engine on the move?

The Freeloader button will kill and restart the engine on the move, but
the action is linked to the clutch pedal position.

My car, which is an auto, will kill engine power if you stand on the
brakes and throttle at the same time. Don't ask how I know this. ;-)

Well it's an auto, so you'll be left foot braking, and not think about
the accelerator in an emergency.