Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

Default Accelerator stuck wide open while car is going fast: what shouldyou do?

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

No handbrake will lock the wheels while the car in is gear.

Must have had pretty poor hand (parking..) brakes on your cars.

The electric parking brake on mine is a toggle switch, push
on-/push-off, if you push it while moving nothing happens, but if you
pull it while moving it will plant your nose into the windscreen ...

Not that I'm likely to stop to think "now, which switch do I pull?"
rather than just stomping on the footbrake.